Calum is head of Allen & Overy’s Banking, Finance and Regulatory Litigation practice. He has wide experience of acting for financial institutions, corporations and individuals in domestic and international criminal and regulatory investigations and in conducting internal investigations. He also advises financial institutions on litigation and risk management issues. Calum has previously spent time on secondment with the fraud division of the Crown Prosecution Service and the enforcement division of the former Financial Services Authority.
Posts by Calum Burnett
- The FCA’s new enforcement referral criteria – will they make a difference in practice?
- Welcome to Allen & Overy’s Investigations Insight blog
- Decline in the number of successful market abuse cases concluded by the FCA
- FCA sees 28% increase in whistleblowing disclosures
- Proposed ‘u-turn’ on the Presumption of Responsibility?
- General Counsel and Heads of Legal as UK Senior Managers: The debate rumbles on
- First OFSI penalty for breach of financial sanctions
Unsubscribe from the blog
- The UK FCA shines a light on personal account dealing
- Instant Messaging Apps and Corporate Record Retention Policies: revised DOJ guidance for companies
- SARS extended moratorium period used sparingly, reveals NCA report
- Employee interviews in internal investigations
- From ‘enabler’ to ‘game changer’: fighting financial crime with technology
The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) has published its Business Plan for 2021/22 setting out its areas of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Global trends in antitrust enforcement - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/global-trends-…
Our latest blog looks at how the UK FCA has emphasised in its latest Market Watch Newsletter expectations for firms… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The UK SFO has overreached its power in seeking overseas documents. The Supreme Court has decided the SFO does not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
eDiscovery tools cut cost and time (in the right hands) - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/ediscovery-too…