Calum is head of Allen & Overy’s Banking, Finance and Regulatory Litigation practice. He has wide experience of acting for financial institutions, corporations and individuals in domestic and international criminal and regulatory investigations and in conducting internal investigations. He also advises financial institutions on litigation and risk management issues. Calum has previously spent time on secondment with the fraud division of the Crown Prosecution Service and the enforcement division of the former Financial Services Authority.
Posts by Calum Burnett
- The FCA’s new enforcement referral criteria – will they make a difference in practice?
- Welcome to Allen & Overy’s Investigations Insight blog
- Decline in the number of successful market abuse cases concluded by the FCA
- FCA sees 28% increase in whistleblowing disclosures
- Proposed ‘u-turn’ on the Presumption of Responsibility?
- General Counsel and Heads of Legal as UK Senior Managers: The debate rumbles on
- First OFSI penalty for breach of financial sanctions
Unsubscribe from the blog
- New guidance about what to expect if self-reporting to the SFO
- The UK FCA shines a light on personal account dealing
- The FCA confirms the number of open enforcement investigations into ‘non-financial misconduct’
- An ‘intent to deceive’ is all you need…
- Listing applications by cannabis companies – FCA statement
Listing applications by cannabis companies - FCA statement - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/listing-applic…
“Future challenges in economic crime: a view from the SFO” - a speech by Lisa Osofsky, Director of the SFO, on 8 Oc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
On 1 October the Hamburg Data Protection Authority imposed the largest ever GDPR fine in German history. A large fi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The Monetary Authority of Singapore has issued its finalised Guidelines on Individual Accountability and Conduct. F… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The UK FCA reminds firms about the confidentiality of information requirements - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/the-uk-fca-rem…