Calum Macdonald is an associate in Allen & Overy’s Banking, Finance and Regulatory Litigation Group. Calum has worked on a range of UK and cross-border regulatory investigations and commercial litigation matters on behalf of firms and individuals. Prior to joining Allen & Overy, Calum trained at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer where he spent time on secondment at one of the world’s largest market infrastructure providers.
Posts by CalumMacdonald
- The Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2018: The UK Sanctions and AML regimes after Brexit
- Financial and economic crime in the UK: what's on the horizon
- Unexplained Wealth Orders (and remainder of the Criminal Finances Act) come into force
- OPBAS, the UK's new anti-money laundering supervisor, becomes operational
- The Criminal Finances Act
- The Criminal Finances Bill: Part Two
- The Criminal Finances Bill: Part One
- The UK's second Deferred Prosecution Agreement
- Brexit in Brief: Financial Services Investigations
- What’s the latest on the new corporate criminal tax evasion offence?
- Taking the bitter with the Sweett: Lessons from the first s.7 UK Bribery Act case
- SFO co-operation: When to hand yourself in
Unsubscribe from the blog
- An ‘intent to deceive’ is all you need…
- FCA Principle 11 – a controversial approach to competition law breaches?
- Have you met the summer intern?
- Pressure mounting for new failure to prevent economic crime corporate criminal offence
- Instant Messaging Apps and Corporate Record Retention Policies: revised DOJ guidance for companies
DPA penalty discount for self reporting: change recommended by House of Lords committee - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/dpa-penalty-di…
Instant Messaging Apps and Corporate Record Retention Policies: revised DOJ guidance for companies - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/instant-messag…
Pressure mounting for new failure to prevent economic crime corporate criminal offence - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/pressure-mount…
What are the key themes in the Final Report of the Australian Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Supe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
HMRC makes it easier to self-report (or whistle blow) on facilitation of tax evasion - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/hmrc-makes-it-…