Partner, Hong Kong
Charlotte acts for a wide range of national and international financial institutions including investment and private banks, asset and wealth managers (including hedge fund and private equity managers and advisors) and insurance companies. Her practice includes advising on setting up regulated businesses in Hong Kong, on-going compliance with regulatory laws, codes and guidelines, product offering, regional and global cross border issues, regulatory corporate governance, anti money laundering and data privacy. She has been actively involved in responding to recent regulatory consultations including on client suitability requirements, manager in charge regime and amendments to the SFC Fund Manager Code of Conduct. Charlotte is a member of the Alternative Investment Management Association Regulatory Committee. She is qualified as a solicitor both in Hong Kong and England & Wales.
Posts by Charlotte Robins
- Mapping responsibility: HKMA extends focus on management and its accountability
- Hong Kong’s Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data – the end of the paper dragon?
- Financial Institutions in Singapore to Ensure a Culture of Responsibility and Accountability Applies from the Top Down
- Regulatory focus on senior management accountability in Asia – a victim of Covid-19 coronavirus?
Unsubscribe from the blog
- The UK FCA shines a light on personal account dealing
- Employee interviews in internal investigations
- Instant Messaging Apps and Corporate Record Retention Policies: revised DOJ guidance for companies
- SARS extended moratorium period used sparingly, reveals NCA report
- Revisiting cooperation with the Hong Kong SFC: A carrot not a stick?
The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) has published its Business Plan for 2021/22 setting out its areas of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Global trends in antitrust enforcement - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/global-trends-…
Our latest blog looks at how the UK FCA has emphasised in its latest Market Watch Newsletter expectations for firms… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The UK SFO has overreached its power in seeking overseas documents. The Supreme Court has decided the SFO does not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
eDiscovery tools cut cost and time (in the right hands) - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/ediscovery-too…