David is a senior associate based at Allen & Overy in Dubai. Prior to relocating to Dubai, David spent six years in the Litigation & Investigations department in Allen & Overy’s London office. David specialises in advising firms and individuals on complex regulatory enforcement investigations. He advised clients on interactions with the UK Financial Conduct Authority, the European Securities and Markets Authority and, more recently, the Dubai Financial Services Authority. He also has civil disputes experience in a broad range of sectors including banking and finance and construction.
Posts by David Berman
Unsubscribe from the blog
- The UK FCA shines a light on personal account dealing
- Employee interviews in internal investigations
- Instant Messaging Apps and Corporate Record Retention Policies: revised DOJ guidance for companies
- SARS extended moratorium period used sparingly, reveals NCA report
- Revisiting cooperation with the Hong Kong SFC: A carrot not a stick?
The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) has published its Business Plan for 2021/22 setting out its areas of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Global trends in antitrust enforcement - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/global-trends-…
Our latest blog looks at how the UK FCA has emphasised in its latest Market Watch Newsletter expectations for firms… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The UK SFO has overreached its power in seeking overseas documents. The Supreme Court has decided the SFO does not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
eDiscovery tools cut cost and time (in the right hands) - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/ediscovery-too…