Associate, Washington D.C.
Kurt is an associate in Allen & Overy’s Washington, D.C. office. He assists clients in conducting internal investigations, responding to government regulatory inquiries and navigating regulatory enforcement actions—typically in matters being pursued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). In particular, Kurt’s practice focuses on advising financial services firms, private investment funds, public companies, and their officers, directors, and employees in high profile and complex domestic and cross-border government investigations. In many cases, his representative matters involve allegations of misconduct relating to accounting and disclosure requirements, insider trading, the FCPA and other anti-bribery and corruption laws, market manipulation, and other potential violations of the U.S. securities laws.
Posts by Kurt Wolfe
- Whistleblower update: Normal service resumes at the SEC's Office of the Whistleblower
- The U.S. SEC and Hong Kong SFC enter into a new cooperation agreement
- SEC announces another large whistleblower award - with a twist
- Whistleblower Annual Report: SEC’s Whistleblower Program Continues to have a 'Transformative Effect'
- SEC Whistleblower Update
- DFS Proposes First-in-the-Nation Cybersecurity Regulation
- The real-world impact of the Yates Memo
- SEC Whistleblower Office announces another sizeable bounty payment
- Whistleblower handsomely rewarded for tips relating to an ongoing investigation
- Yates Memo update: Tailoring investigations for maximum co-operation credit
- CFTC’s $10M whistleblower award - a sign of things to come?
- SEC Whistleblower Program a 'Game Changer'
- Our View: (Unintended) Consequences of the Yates Memorandum
- Financial incentives for cross-border whistleblowers
SEC disgorgement – It’s now or never - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/sec-disgorgeme…
Whistleblower update: Normal service resumes at the SEC's Office of the Whistleblower - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/whistleblower-…
Is it the end of the road for the SFO? - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/end-road-sfo/
The Criminal Finances Act - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/the-criminal-f…
Full disclosure: Where can documents disclosed to the regulator end up? - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/full-disclosur…