Associate, Washington D.C.
Kurt is an associate in Allen & Overy’s Washington, D.C. office. He assists clients in conducting internal investigations, responding to government regulatory inquiries and navigating regulatory enforcement actions—typically in matters being pursued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). In particular, Kurt’s practice focuses on advising financial services firms, private investment funds, public companies, and their officers, directors, and employees in high profile and complex domestic and cross-border government investigations. In many cases, his representative matters involve allegations of misconduct relating to accounting and disclosure requirements, insider trading, the FCPA and other anti-bribery and corruption laws, market manipulation, and other potential violations of the U.S. securities laws.
Posts by Kurt Wolfe
- SEC Whistleblower Program a 'Game Changer'
- Our View: (Unintended) Consequences of the Yates Memorandum
- Financial incentives for cross-border whistleblowers
- SEC Whistleblower Office announces another sizeable bounty payment
- The real-world impact of the Yates Memo
- Whistleblower handsomely rewarded for tips relating to an ongoing investigation
- CFTC’s $10M whistleblower award - a sign of things to come?
- DFS Proposes First-in-the-Nation Cybersecurity Regulation
- Yates Memo update: Tailoring investigations for maximum co-operation credit
- SEC Whistleblower Update
- Whistleblower Annual Report: SEC’s Whistleblower Program Continues to have a 'Transformative Effect'
- Whistleblower Update: SEC announces whistleblower award to a government agency employee
- SEC Creates Cyber Enforcement Unit
- Kokesh is a game changer for the SEC’s FCPA Enforcement Program
- Whistleblower update: Normal service resumes at the SEC's Office of the Whistleblower
- SEC announces another large whistleblower award - with a twist
- The U.S. SEC and Hong Kong SFC enter into a new cooperation agreement
- The SEC Enforcement Landscape: What to Watch in 2018
- Whistleblower update: SEC & CFTC programs busy in 2018
Unsubscribe from the blog
- The UK FCA shines a light on personal account dealing
- Part State-owned enterprises and Politically Exposed Persons
- SARS extended moratorium period used sparingly, reveals NCA report
- An ‘intent to deceive’ is all you need…
- Investigating the investigators – what happens to your seized privileged documents?
Sorry, no Tweets were found.