Sarah is a Partner in Allen & Overy’s Banking, Finance and Regulatory Litigation Group. Sarah specialises in representing firms and individuals involved in financial services regulatory investigations and enforcement action in relation to a broad variety of wholesale and retail issues. Sarah has also completed a secondment to the Enforcement Division of the FSA (as it then was). In 2015, Sarah was selected by Global Investigations Review (GIR) as one of the top 100 women in investigations.
Posts by Sarah Hitchins
- FCA attestations: Five practical tips for firms (and individuals)
- Getting to grips with the new FCA and PRA Handbook websites
- Who, what, where? The extra-territorial scope of the new FCA and PRA Senior Managers Regime
- Has the FCA’s power to publish information about warning notices lived up the hype?
- Senior Managers Regime: Other last-minute changes
- FCA to collect aggregated financial crime data from UK firms
- Have we really heard the last of the Presumption of Responsibility?
- Using the receipt of professional advice as a defence in FCA enforcement investigations
- New FCA Press Office Handbook: How will it impact publicity of FCA enforcement investigations?
- FCA publicity of enforcement action: Five things we now know
- Is the FCA obliged to treat like cases alike?
- Latest attestations numbers: Has the novelty worn off for the FCA?
- The Senior Managers and Certification Regime: Latest developments
- Are FCA settlement agreements really final? It appears so
- What you need to know about recent changes to the FCA’s complaint handling rules
- Complaints handling: Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- The PRA: Starting to flex its enforcement muscles?
- Taking a fresh look at internal investigations
- What you need to know about the FCA’s Business Plan for 2016/17
- Day 1: The Senior Managers and Certification Regime goes live
- Better late than never? The FCA confirms extended scope of its Certification Regime
- Is there really change ahead? The FCA and PRA consult on changes to their enforcement processes (Part I)
- So does your General Counsel need to be a Senior Manager?
- UK Suspicious Transaction Reports: Latest figures and enforcement findings
- Is there really change ahead? The FCA and PRA consult on changes to their enforcement processes (Part II)
- FCA Skilled Person Reviews: Not necessarily a precursor to enforcement action
- FCA Annual Report for 2015/16: Five things you need to know
- UK Law Society set to defend privilege in investigations?
- UK Senior Managers and ‘reasonable steps’: Clarity at last?
- Further drop in number of market abuse cases concluded by the FCA
- Don’t trample over the crime scene
- The FCA is on a mission
- The PRA’s Annual Report for 2015/16: An enforcement perspective
- Market abuse controls: The FCA really means business
- Under fire? The FCA’s treatment of whistleblowers
- Excluding lawyers from section 2 interviews: Has the SFO gone too far?
- What do Maria Sharapova and the FCA’s enforcement process have in common?
- A&O SMCR reflections: Managing conduct and performance issues
- A slow start to enforcement activity under the UK SMCR
- A&O SMCR reflections: Don't overlook these things when considering employee conduct and performance issues
- FCA and PRA confirm changes to their enforcement decision-making processes
- FCA: ‘We have not gone soft’
- Market abuse controls: Global approaches vs. local requirements – which one wins?
- FCA annual report 2017/18: Enforcement highlights
- ‘The more serious the allegation, the more cogent the evidence must be’: The UK FCA receives a reminder from the Court of Appeal
- The FCA confirms the number of open enforcement investigations into ‘non-financial misconduct’
- The UK FCA shines a light on personal account dealing
- Financial Institutions in Singapore to Ensure a Culture of Responsibility and Accountability Applies from the Top Down
- How to train your employees on the UK FCA’s Code of Conduct
- The UK FCA publishes observations on fitness and propriety assessments
- The UK FCA reminds firms about the confidentiality of information requirements
Unsubscribe from the blog
Global trends in antitrust enforcement - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/global-trends-…
Our latest blog looks at how the UK FCA has emphasised in its latest Market Watch Newsletter expectations for firms… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The UK SFO has overreached its power in seeking overseas documents. The Supreme Court has decided the SFO does not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
eDiscovery tools cut cost and time (in the right hands) - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/ediscovery-too…
UK corporate criminal liability reform creeps forward - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/uk-corporate-c…