Senior Associate, London
Sarah is an associate in Allen & Overy’s Banking, Finance and Regulatory Litigation Group. Sarah specialises in representing firms and individuals involved in financial services regulatory investigations and enforcement action in relation to a broad variety of wholesale and retail issues. Sarah has also completed a secondment to the Enforcement Division of the FSA (as it then was). In 2015, Sarah was selected by Global Investigations Review (GIR) as one of the top 100 women in investigations.
Posts by Sarah Hitchins
- FCA attestations: Five practical tips for firms (and individuals)
- New FCA Press Office Handbook: How will it impact publicity of FCA enforcement investigations?
- Who, what, where? The extra-territorial scope of the new FCA and PRA Senior Managers Regime
- Has the FCA’s power to publish information about warning notices lived up the hype?
- Senior Managers Regime: Other last-minute changes
- FCA to collect aggregated financial crime data from UK firms
- Have we really heard the last of the Presumption of Responsibility?
- Using the receipt of professional advice as a defence in FCA enforcement investigations
- Getting to grips with the new FCA and PRA Handbook websites
- FCA publicity of enforcement action: Five things we now know
- Latest attestations numbers: Has the novelty worn off for the FCA?
- Are FCA settlement agreements really final? It appears so
- The Senior Managers and Certification Regime: Latest developments
- Is the FCA obliged to treat like cases alike?
- What you need to know about recent changes to the FCA’s complaint handling rules
- Complaints handling: Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Day 1: The Senior Managers and Certification Regime goes live
- The PRA: Starting to flex its enforcement muscles?
- UK Suspicious Transaction Reports: Latest figures and enforcement findings
- So does your General Counsel need to be a Senior Manager?
- What you need to know about the FCA’s Business Plan for 2016/17
- Better late than never? The FCA confirms extended scope of its Certification Regime
- Taking a fresh look at internal investigations
- FCA Annual Report for 2015/16: Five things you need to know
- Don’t trample over the crime scene
- UK Law Society set to defend privilege in investigations?
- UK Senior Managers and ‘reasonable steps’: Clarity at last?
- The FCA is on a mission
- Further drop in number of market abuse cases concluded by the FCA
- The PRA’s Annual Report for 2015/16: An enforcement perspective
- FCA Skilled Person Reviews: Not necessarily a precursor to enforcement action
- Is there really change ahead? The FCA and PRA consult on changes to their enforcement processes (Part II)
- Excluding lawyers from section 2 interviews: Has the SFO gone too far?
- Market abuse controls: The FCA really means business
- Is there really change ahead? The FCA and PRA consult on changes to their enforcement processes (Part I)
- Under fire? The FCA’s treatment of whistleblowers
- What do Maria Sharapova and the FCA’s enforcement process have in common?
- A slow start to enforcement activity under the UK SMCR
- A&O SMCR reflections: Don't overlook these things when considering employee conduct and performance issues
- A&O SMCR reflections: Managing conduct and performance issues
- FCA and PRA confirm changes to their enforcement decision-making processes
- FCA: ‘We have not gone soft’
- Market abuse controls: Global approaches vs. local requirements – which one wins?
- FCA annual report 2017/18: Enforcement highlights
- ‘The more serious the allegation, the more cogent the evidence must be’: The UK FCA receives a reminder from the Court of Appeal
Unsubscribe from the blog
- My turn to ask the SFO a few questions
- Hard lessons from the English court on legal professional privilege
- Pressure mounting for new failure to prevent economic crime corporate criminal offence
- First OFSI penalty for breach of financial sanctions
- Unexplained Wealth Orders (and remainder of the Criminal Finances Act) come into force
My turn to ask the SFO a few questions - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/my-turn-to-ask…
Things you might have missed from the FCA’s enforcement action against Carphone Warehouse - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/things-you-mig…
DPA penalty discount for self reporting: change recommended by House of Lords committee - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/dpa-penalty-di…
Instant Messaging Apps and Corporate Record Retention Policies: revised DOJ guidance for companies - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/instant-messag…
Pressure mounting for new failure to prevent economic crime corporate criminal offence - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/pressure-mount…