Senior Associate, London
Sarah is an associate in Allen & Overy’s Banking, Finance and Regulatory Litigation Group. Sarah specialises in representing firms and individuals involved in financial services regulatory investigations and enforcement action in relation to a broad variety of wholesale and retail issues. Sarah has also completed a secondment to the Enforcement Division of the FSA (as it then was). In 2015, Sarah was selected by Global Investigations Review (GIR) as one of the top 100 women in investigations.
Posts by Sarah Hitchins
- A&O SMCR reflections: Don't overlook these things when considering employee conduct and performance issues
- A&O SMCR reflections: Managing conduct and performance issues
- FCA and PRA confirm changes to their enforcement decision-making processes
- FCA: ‘We have not gone soft’
- The FCA is on a mission
- Further drop in number of market abuse cases concluded by the FCA
- UK Senior Managers and ‘reasonable steps’: Clarity at last?
- UK Law Society set to defend privilege in investigations?
- FCA Skilled Person Reviews: Not necessarily a precursor to enforcement action
- FCA Annual Report for 2015/16: Five things you need to know
- Don’t trample over the crime scene
- The PRA’s Annual Report for 2015/16: An enforcement perspective
- Excluding lawyers from section 2 interviews: Has the SFO gone too far?
- What do Maria Sharapova and the FCA’s enforcement process have in common?
- Under fire? The FCA’s treatment of whistleblowers
- Market abuse controls: The FCA really means business
- Is there really change ahead? The FCA and PRA consult on changes to their enforcement processes (Part II)
- Is there really change ahead? The FCA and PRA consult on changes to their enforcement processes (Part I)
- Taking a fresh look at internal investigations
- What you need to know about the FCA’s Business Plan for 2016/17
- The PRA: Starting to flex its enforcement muscles?
- Day 1: The Senior Managers and Certification Regime goes live
- UK Suspicious Transaction Reports: Latest figures and enforcement findings
- Better late than never? The FCA confirms extended scope of its Certification Regime
- So does your General Counsel need to be a Senior Manager?
- FCA to collect aggregated financial crime data from UK firms
- Have we really heard the last of the Presumption of Responsibility?
- Senior Managers Regime: Other last-minute changes
- Has the FCA’s power to publish information about warning notices lived up the hype?
- FCA attestations: Five practical tips for firms (and individuals)
- New FCA Press Office Handbook: How will it impact publicity of FCA enforcement investigations?
- Getting to grips with the new FCA and PRA Handbook websites
- Who, what, where? The extra-territorial scope of the new FCA and PRA Senior Managers Regime
- Using the receipt of professional advice as a defence in FCA enforcement investigations
- Latest attestations numbers: Has the novelty worn off for the FCA?
- Complaints handling: Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- What you need to know about recent changes to the FCA’s complaint handling rules
- The Senior Managers and Certification Regime: Latest developments
- FCA publicity of enforcement action: Five things we now know
- Is the FCA obliged to treat like cases alike?
- Are FCA settlement agreements really final? It appears so
Hard lessons from the English court on legal professional privilege - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/hard-lessons-e…
Global cartel enforcement: Where is it heading in 2017? - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/global-cartel-…
A&O SMCR reflections: Don't overlook these things when considering employee conduct and performance issues - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/ao-smcr-reflec…
Last Call for Securities Class Actions - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/last-call-for-…
A&O SMCR reflections: Managing conduct and performance issues - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/ao-smcr-reflec…