Partner, New York
Todd is a partner in the litigation group, concentrating on the defense of antitrust, commodities markets and securities investigations, complex class actions and general commercial litigation. He represents companies and individuals in federal and state courts throughout the country and in proceedings before the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Federal Reserve Board, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and state attorneys general in matters concerning accounting fraud, securities fraud and financial reporting, commodities fraud and manipulation, antitrust and competition matters, conflicts of interest, and ERISA. In recent years he has represented global financial services firms in DOJ and regulatory investigations and multidistrict class action proceedings relating to alleged manipulation and collusion in the markets for credit default swaps, CDS indices, precious metals and U.S. Treasury instruments.
Prior to joining Allen & Overy, Todd served as a law clerk for the Honorable William H. Pauley III, United States District Judge, Southern District of New York.
Todd is a member of the New York City Bar’s Securities Litigation Committee.
Posts by Todd Fishman
- The SEC’s Renewed Focus on Gatekeepers
- For Now, No Clarity On Item 303 Disclosure Liability: What’s Next?
- U.S. DOJ Antitrust Division launches Procurement Collusion Strike Force
- The End of SEC Disgorgement?
- U.S. continues aggressive sanctions and anti-money laundering enforcement against non-U.S. banks
- Amid falling markets, valuation challenges and mis-marking fraud risks rise
- Active U.S. enforcement of anti-money laundering rules continues unabated
Unsubscribe from the blog
- The UK FCA shines a light on personal account dealing
- An ‘intent to deceive’ is all you need…
- Part State-owned enterprises and Politically Exposed Persons
- Market abuse controls: Global approaches vs. local requirements – which one wins?
- Hard lessons from the English court on legal professional privilege
Global trends in antitrust enforcement - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/global-trends-…
Our latest blog looks at how the UK FCA has emphasised in its latest Market Watch Newsletter expectations for firms… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The UK SFO has overreached its power in seeking overseas documents. The Supreme Court has decided the SFO does not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
eDiscovery tools cut cost and time (in the right hands) - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/ediscovery-too…
UK corporate criminal liability reform creeps forward - aoinvestigationsinsight.com/uk-corporate-c…